MY FIRST WEEK EXPERIENCE IN UKM

As I stepped onto the university campus for the first time, a wave of excitement and nervousness washed over me. But it was a dream come true since I wanted to pursue a higher education since I’m a small kid. The entrance of UKM is so beautiful and once I saw the huge logo of UKM, I have decided this is the turning point for me. I came with my family to register. There are 10 hostels in UKM, and the one I’m living in is Kolej Ungku Omar.

 

            We finished registered and I got my room. It was clean and tidy, and the furniture is all there for us. Overall, the college is pretty good and its so convenient to live in KUO. One of the main reasons is it’s very strategic, u can go anywhere easily. It is just a short walk to my faculty, clinic and grocery stores. So, usually on the first week in university, there is orientation for students where we are provided with various informations and we can get used of the facilities in here.





 

             Yes, the orientation is very tiring but we had fun. It was a very good experience. And on the last day to close the orientation ceremony, there will be a competition among the colleges which is called Perang Dectar. Each of the community college members will shout their slogan until each college looses and the last one standing is the winner. It was very fun and new to me since I have never had this experience before.

 

             Besides that, I get to know many students from different states and now I have many friends here to talk with. Everyone here is friendly and helpful to each other. I’m grateful for having them. And last but not least, I have a very kind roommate that any person wish to have. He is very caring towards me and a very funny person.

 

              To sum up, looking back on my first week at university, I realize that it was so much more than series of events, it was a journey of self- discovery. I learned to navigate unfamiliar terrain, embrace the unknown and cherish the moments of connection and growth. As I embark on this new chapter of my life, I am filled with excitement and anticipation for the adventures that lie ahead.



Comments